Two years ago, Be was not only Common's highest-charting CD, it wasalso the best of his career — thoughtful, "bitch"-free and mama-friendly like all Common records, but also edgy, lush and likable all over,thanks to chief producer Kanye West. No surprise, then, that the Chicagorapper took a similar approach with Finding Forever: Kanye is back, producing eight tracks, and also back are the charged-up beats, R&B hooks, gospel singers and other warm, vibrant stuff. Dullness has always been a problem for Common, and a couple of snoozers, including "So Farto Go," invest too much in his good intentions and not enough in themusic. But when he's talking hard next to Kanye on the rocking "Startthe Show" or detailing a young couple's vertiginous love affair on theexcellent, Lily Allen-assisted "Drivin' Me Wild," his ear-grabbing command stands up to almost any MC out there.
- Finding Forever
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO