Over 10 records, Of Montreal have gone from twerpy indie pop to twee-R&B kink machine. This time, frontman Kevin Barnes is putting more flesh on his fantasies, camping up a Prince falsetto over psychedelic soul and New Wave disco. Guests Solange Knowles and Janelle MonÃ¡e, plus Jon Brion's groove-heavy production, place him dangerously close to actual soul music. But Barnes gets over on his mix of decadence and whimsy — he'll hook up with your cousin just to get closer to you — and drops come-ons like "You look like a playground to me, playa."
- False Priest
- Of Montreal
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Elton John Deep Cuts
- Alice Cooper and Joe Perry on Hollywood Vampires' Drunk History
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- How Coheed and Cambria Broke Concept-Album Streak on New LP
- Watch Slayer and Danny Trejo Film Gore-Drenched Video at L.A. Prison