Eight years on from battling cancer, Prine sounds in peak form for his first album of new songs since 1995's Lost Dogs and Mixed Blessings. On Fair and Square, Prine takes the production reins and plays right into his own wily strengths. The result is an excellent set of songs full of rootsy warmth and unpretentious wit. Among the stunners are the appropriately rambling "My Darlin' Hometown," with Alison Krauss, and "Some Humans Ain't Human," which even sneaks in a nifty Bush-bash.
Fair & Square
- Fair & Square
- John Prine
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Dave Grohl on First Foo Fighters Show: 'I Was F--king Mortified'
- Tim McGraw's Sandy Hook Show Sparks Controversy, Billy Currington Bails
- Green Day Return to the Stage With Raucous, Career-Spanning Cleveland Gig
- Watch John Krasinski Nail N'Sync's 'Bye Bye Bye' on 'Lip Sync Battle'