There are "musician's musicians," and there's Nils Lofgren, whom Neil Young drafted at 18 to play piano on After the Gold Rush, and who's been the E Street Band's hottest guitarist since the mid-1980s. This 10-disc anthology reprises an unsung singer-songwriter career, beginning with his Seventies band Grin (the sweet Cali-style soul of "Like Rain") through sharp, solo semihits ("Back It Up," "I Came to Dance") and beyond. You also get 132 pages of liner-notes-cum-memoir that can be just as entertaining as the music.
Face the Music
- Face the Music
- Nils Lofgren
From The Archives Issue 1212: July 3, 2014
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- How LSD Microdosing Became the Hot New Business Trip
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole Trade Beats for 'Black Friday' Surprise
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Inside Criterion's Incredible Restoration of Dylan Doc 'Don't Look Back'
- 20 Best TV Shows of 2015 So Far