The Edge has cited this New York loops-and-dance trio as a recent inspiration. It's only fair, then, that a bit of U2 comes through in the pulse and hosanna of "Windstorm," the first track on their second album. But Benjamin Curtis (guitar and electronics) and Alejandra and Claudia Deheza (vocals and more electronics) are fonder of Joy Division and the early Cure, stylishly updated with pop flair and holy-aura harmonies. "Dial" comes with a full-rock slam, done with machines. But it makes you wonder how this School would sound with a real rhythm section.
Disconnect from Desire
- Disconnect from Desire
- School of Seven Bells
- Vagrant Records
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'
- The Hulk: The Last Angry Man