Country-radio fixture Jake Owen takes his barefoot-beefcake-surf-bum-slacker role to heart, like only an ex-wakeboarder from Vero Beach, Florida, could: "Laaaaid back," as he inhales, Snoop-style, in the tentatively rap-cadenced "Beachin'," which also mentions a reggae band and the koozie in his hand. "Tall Glass of Something" lists the most beverages, and "1972," about how cool his dad must have been when record stores had names like Sympathy for the Vinyl, isn't bothered that "Fly Like an Eagle" technically came out four years later. To paraphrase J-Kwon, everybody in this beach gettin' "Tipsy" (another song title here), so drink up.
Days of Gold
- Days of Gold
- Jake Owen
- RCA Nashville
From The Archives Issue 1197: December 5, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- Watch John Oliver Slam Fashion Industry's Child Labor Practices
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- Watch Brandon Flowers' Creepy, Retro 'Lonely Town' Video
- Avengers: Age of Ultron