Country-radio fixture Jake Owen takes his barefoot-beefcake-surf-bum-slacker role to heart, like only an ex-wakeboarder from Vero Beach, Florida, could: "Laaaaid back," as he inhales, Snoop-style, in the tentatively rap-cadenced "Beachin'," which also mentions a reggae band and the koozie in his hand. "Tall Glass of Something" lists the most beverages, and "1972," about how cool his dad must have been when record stores had names like Sympathy for the Vinyl, isn't bothered that "Fly Like an Eagle" technically came out four years later. To paraphrase J-Kwon, everybody in this beach gettin' "Tipsy" (another song title here), so drink up.
Days of Gold
- Days of Gold
- Jake Owen
- RCA Nashville
From The Archives Issue 1197: December 5, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most ‘Elite’ Sex Party
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Children of ISIS
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music
- Roger Daltrey: 'I Want Us to Stop at the Top of Our Game'
- Andy Summers on the Police: 'We Were the Most Desirable Men in the World'
- Sara Evans Blasts Fox's 'Last Man on Earth': 'I Was Thoroughly Disgusted'
- One Direction's Zayn Malik: The Lost Q&A
- The Gangster Princess of Beverly Hills