Daisy Rage, indeed. Kitty - formerly Kitty Pryde - comes on delicately, like a f lower, but this EP has a steely spine. She's an Internet rap phenom and sounds like one, packing a search engine's worth of pop-culture name-drops, puns and quips. She jokes about Skrillex's hair, and recasts Wu-Tang's "C.R.E.A.M." as "R.R.E.A.M.," a self-lacerating rant about her anxiety rash. ("Rash rules everything around me/Getting drowsy/Bena-Bena-dryl, y'all"). There's as much emotional truth in her love songs as Taylor Swift's, and tons of true-to-life 21st-century detail. Her flow is fleet and inventive, and the woozy budget-price production is as engrossing as any you're likely to hear this year. Wow.
- D.A.I.S.Y. Rage
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonBehind-The-Scenes Secrets Of Comedy’s ’90s Glory Days
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
TestTubeThe Best Sex Positions
- Watch Adele, Fallon, Roots Sing 'Hello' With Classroom Instruments
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Watch Adele Perform Smoky '25' Ballad 'Million Years Ago'
- 10 New Artists You Need to Know: November 2015
- The Making of Band Aid: Secrets and Stories From the Star-Studded Session
- Tips for Dealing With Fake 'Racist Uncle' Think Pieces This Thanksgiving
- Watch Justin Bieber Sing in the Rain During 2015 AMAs Finale
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'