Every rose has its thorn, and every airport bar has its 22-year-old divorcee. But not every album has two songs from different reality shows starring Bret Michaels, or the theme from the prison movie he wrote, directed and starred in. Only Bret Michaels albums have those things. Michaels is an earnest doer, the kind of guy who's working on his bucket list long before the paramedics get him on the gurney. Sure, each time his third solo album recapitulates (or rerecords) "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," it's like the sad cowboy is getting trampled by his horse. But Miley Cyrus brightens up the cellphone-waver "Nothing to Lose," and Michaels' cover of Sublime's "What I Got" rings with survivor's pride.
- Custom Built
- Bret Michaels
- Poor Boy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody
- Watch Metallica's 'The Night Before' Pre-Super Bowl Concert Live
- Watch Larry David and Bernie Sanders' Sinking Ship 'SNL' Sketch
- Larry David on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- Dan Hicks, Hot Licks Singer, Dead at 74