Every rose has its thorn, and every airport bar has its 22-year-old divorcee. But not every album has two songs from different reality shows starring Bret Michaels, or the theme from the prison movie he wrote, directed and starred in. Only Bret Michaels albums have those things. Michaels is an earnest doer, the kind of guy who's working on his bucket list long before the paramedics get him on the gurney. Sure, each time his third solo album recapitulates (or rerecords) "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," it's like the sad cowboy is getting trampled by his horse. But Miley Cyrus brightens up the cellphone-waver "Nothing to Lose," and Michaels' cover of Sublime's "What I Got" rings with survivor's pride.
- Custom Built
- Bret Michaels
- Poor Boy
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Celebrities You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Salon5 Secrets to Great Sex
Cinema BlendThe 10 Greatest Wrestlers Turned Actors
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked6 Famous Movies Made By The Last Person You'd Expect
Mental FlossThe Strange Deaths of 20 Interesting People
- Grateful Dead Archivist Details Massive, New 80-Disc Box Set
- Slipknot Tease 'Dangerous' Summer Tour: 'It's Scary'
- Lil Boosie Gets Real: MC on Prison, Protests and 'Classic' New LP
- Hear Eminem's Hard-Hitting 'Southpaw' Song 'Phenomenal'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Dawn of the Dead
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Muhammad Ali: Last Tango in Vegas
- Tom Petty Unearths Shimmering Lost Song 'Somewhere Under Heaven'