Kim Gordon has had a rough few years. Her marriage disintegrated at the same time as Sonic Youth, the band she and philandering ex-husband Thurston Moore shared for three decades. With Body/Head, the noisy duo the 60-year-old recently formed with guitarist Bill Nace, Gordon shows off her signature, muscular vocal quaver, amid plenty of thunderous Sonic Youth-style feedback and guitar creep. Titles aren't exactly subtle ("Murderess," "Last Mistress"), even if the twin-guitar jams are opaque. And when she sings, "I can only/Think of you/In the abstract," we swear we have absolutely no idea whom she is referring to.
- Coming Apart
From The Archives Issue 1192: September 26, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar
- What Would Actually Happen If We Broke Up the Banks?
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- 100 Greatest Guitarists