Kim Gordon has had a rough few years. Her marriage disintegrated at the same time as Sonic Youth, the band she and philandering ex-husband Thurston Moore shared for three decades. With Body/Head, the noisy duo the 60-year-old recently formed with guitarist Bill Nace, Gordon shows off her signature, muscular vocal quaver, amid plenty of thunderous Sonic Youth-style feedback and guitar creep. Titles aren't exactly subtle ("Murderess," "Last Mistress"), even if the twin-guitar jams are opaque. And when she sings, "I can only/Think of you/In the abstract," we swear we have absolutely no idea whom she is referring to.
- Coming Apart
From The Archives Issue 1192: September 26, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Mental Floss20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- The Republicans Are Now Officially the Party of White Paranoia
- Can We Talk? Joan Rivers' 10 Best Jokes
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- The Real 'Dear Prudence' on Meeting Beatles in India
- Merle Haggard Laments New Country Music About 'Screwing on a Tailgate'
- 'Rocky Horror' at 40: Hear Soundtrack Outtake, Read Producer's Reflections
- Alice Cooper and Joe Perry on Hollywood Vampires' Drunk History
- See Sara Evans, REO Speedwagon Collide on 'Ridin' the Storm Out'