Sammy Hagar, Joe Satriani, Michael Anthony and Chad Smith have no problem finding a groove on Chickenfoot III, the confusingly titled second album by their Cabo Wabo hobby-turned-globe-trotting-alliance. They remember when hard rock meant funky stuff with misogynistic machismo on top - see brontosaurus burgers like "Alright, Alright." But the band plods more than pushes, and while the riffs stick, the songs generally don't. The unemployment report "Three and a Half Letters" and the gas-guzzling road-burner "Big Foot" get by, though: It's hard to hate big-boned butt rock from guys clearly making it because they still love the form.
- Chickenfoot III
- eOne Music
From The Archives Issue 1141: October 13, 2011
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Motley Crue on Rock Hall Chances and Why Bands Need Retirement Contracts
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Secrets of 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Joss Whedon Tells All
- 10 Things We Learned From Johnny Rotten's 'Uncensored' New Memoir
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- Avengers: Age of Ultron