The reconstituted New York Dolls stack up awfully well against the original Seventies band, whose glam rock inspired thousands of acts. This Todd Rundgren-produced follow-up to the Dolls' fine 2006 comeback features new moves like reggae and Latin-tinged balladry. But the selling points are its Stones-y propulsion and the nuanced vigor of David Johansen. The singer delivers singalong choruses in his New Yawk bark, sweetly praises a lover who "treats [him] like a maharajah" and, on the funked-out "Let's Get Radiant," delivers the perfect middle-aged-rocker line: "If we don't come back, call us on the Ouija board."
'Cause I Sez So
- 'Cause I Sez So
- New York Dolls
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- Frank Zappa's Widow Gail Zappa Dead at 70
- Vote for the 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees