Art Brut's Eddie Argos: A close observer of pop culture minutiae, with a voice like an auctioneer's. He doesn't sing his lyrics so much as announce them, hollering about hack comedians, comic books, and, of course, rock and roll. On Art Brut's fourth – and sturdiest – album to date, he delivers his wry recaps between sudden thrusts of guitar and rigid, right-angle percussion. As with all Art Brut records, the jokes are both obvious and embedded: the slinky "Sexy," asks to be played "while couples drink their wine," and the riff from "Satisfaction" turns up in "Lost Weekend" like a conspiratorial wink. And in the riotous "Axl Rose," Argos angrily flips off everyone – except G 'n' R's lead singer. Say this for the man: He knows how to choose his friends.
- Brilliant! Tragic!
- Art Brut
- Cooking Vinyl
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Kanye West Unveils Provocative, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- How the 'Warcraft' Movie Failed
- Guns N' Roses Thrill in Detroit With Electric Reunion Tour Opener
- 5 Hilarious WTF Courtroom Moments
- Booting Ass and Taking Names: Country's 20 Best Revenge Songs
- Getting Naked on the Cover of Rolling Stone
- 100 Greatest Drummers of All Time