In 1997, these slacker romantics slowed things down and serenaded their fans, delivering an album short on noise and long on artfully dissonant ballads. Stephen Malkmus worked softy sentimentality even into his funniest lines, rhyming "quasar in the mist" with "kaiser has a cyst" ("Stereo"). With a second disc of bonus material — including classic B sides like the insanely catchy "Harness Your Hopes" and welcome ditties like "Destroy Mater Dei" — this reissue bonanza shows the Nineties' premier indie band turning reflective and joyfully screwing around at the same time.
Brighten The Corners: Nicene Creedence Edition
- Brighten The Corners: Nicene Creedence Edition
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Avril Lavigne Was 'Bedridden' Following Battle With Lyme Disease
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Watch the Intense, Violent New 'Straight Outta Compton' Trailer
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Mick Jagger: Rolling Stones May Play 'Sticky Fingers' on Tour