She's as feisty as Pink, as beat-savvy as M.I.A., does Eurodisco better than Gaga. But can this mercurial diva, a star in her native Sweden, crack the Billboard Top 40? The second EP in Robyn's Body Talk trilogy (PT 1 was in June) offers up another batch of great, club-ready songs that are a touch too weird for American hit radio. Robyn sings and raps about standard diva themes (dance-floor ecstasy, self-reliance), but the music is deliciously wacked-out. In "U Should Know Better," she boasts alongside Snoop Dogg as a churchy choir swells over fuzzy effects. "We Dance to the Beat" is a thumper that slides from Eighties electro into squiggly abstraction. As far as the radio goes, Robyn has other priorities. "We dance to the beat," she croons, "of silent mutation."
Body Talk Pt. 2
- Body Talk Pt. 2
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- Alice Cooper and Joe Perry on Hollywood Vampires' Drunk History
- How Coheed and Cambria Broke Concept-Album Streak on New LP
- Black Sabbath Announce Final Tour 'The End'
- Watch Slayer and Danny Trejo Film Gore-Drenched Video at L.A. Prison
- Watch Justin Bieber, Questlove Battle in Drum-Off Rematch on 'Fallon'