She's as feisty as Pink, as beat-savvy as M.I.A., does Eurodisco better than Gaga. But can this mercurial diva, a star in her native Sweden, crack the Billboard Top 40? The second EP in Robyn's Body Talk trilogy (PT 1 was in June) offers up another batch of great, club-ready songs that are a touch too weird for American hit radio. Robyn sings and raps about standard diva themes (dance-floor ecstasy, self-reliance), but the music is deliciously wacked-out. In "U Should Know Better," she boasts alongside Snoop Dogg as a churchy choir swells over fuzzy effects. "We Dance to the Beat" is a thumper that slides from Eighties electro into squiggly abstraction. As far as the radio goes, Robyn has other priorities. "We dance to the beat," she croons, "of silent mutation."
Body Talk Pt. 2
- Body Talk Pt. 2
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Children of ISIS
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- 'Walking Dead' Companion Series Official
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- Is This the Beginning of One Direction's End?
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- 10 Things We Learned Spending Two Days With Bill Withers
- What Does Ted Cruz Look Like?