She's as feisty as Pink, as beat-savvy as M.I.A., does Eurodisco better than Gaga. But can this mercurial diva, a star in her native Sweden, crack the Billboard Top 40? The second EP in Robyn's Body Talk trilogy (PT 1 was in June) offers up another batch of great, club-ready songs that are a touch too weird for American hit radio. Robyn sings and raps about standard diva themes (dance-floor ecstasy, self-reliance), but the music is deliciously wacked-out. In "U Should Know Better," she boasts alongside Snoop Dogg as a churchy choir swells over fuzzy effects. "We Dance to the Beat" is a thumper that slides from Eighties electro into squiggly abstraction. As far as the radio goes, Robyn has other priorities. "We dance to the beat," she croons, "of silent mutation."
Body Talk Pt. 2
- Body Talk Pt. 2
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'
- How J.J. Abrams and Hulu Brought Stephen King's '11.22.63' to TV
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- Grammys 2016: Who Will Win, Who Should Win