"Even the Vatican knows not to fuck with me," chirps Robyn on her third release of 2010. The Swedish diva's swagger is earned. This disc cherry-picks from two previous Body Talk EPs while tossing in five new tracks. It all adds up to the best dance-pop album of 2010, 15 songs that are both immaculately catchy and packed with quirks: On "Fembot," she does a hilarious sexy-robot bit, bragging about her "automatic booty applications"; later, she trades over-the-top boasts with Snoop Dogg and turns in the kind of Day-Glo dancehall track M.I.A. used to rock. Even her Eurocheese ballads are passionately weird: On "Time Machine," she folds a Back to the Future reference ("All I want is a DeLorean") into a huge, heartfelt chorus Lady Gaga would kill to have written.
- Body Talk
From The Archives Issue 1118: November 25, 2010
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- Kanye West Announces Album's Final Title, 'The Life of Pablo,' Track List
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- 10 Things We Learned From L.A. Reid's Juicy Tell-All