"Even the Vatican knows not to fuck with me," chirps Robyn on her third release of 2010. The Swedish diva's swagger is earned. This disc cherry-picks from two previous Body Talk EPs while tossing in five new tracks. It all adds up to the best dance-pop album of 2010, 15 songs that are both immaculately catchy and packed with quirks: On "Fembot," she does a hilarious sexy-robot bit, bragging about her "automatic booty applications"; later, she trades over-the-top boasts with Snoop Dogg and turns in the kind of Day-Glo dancehall track M.I.A. used to rock. Even her Eurocheese ballads are passionately weird: On "Time Machine," she folds a Back to the Future reference ("All I want is a DeLorean") into a huge, heartfelt chorus Lady Gaga would kill to have written.
- Body Talk
From The Archives Issue 1118: November 25, 2010
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- End Game: TV's Best and Worst Series Finales
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- Letterman Fan Details Every Frame in Final Show Montage
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Taylor Swift Breaks Down Banjo-Free 1989 Tour: 'It's Not a Country Show'