"Even the Vatican knows not to fuck with me," chirps Robyn on her third release of 2010. The Swedish diva's swagger is earned. This disc cherry-picks from two previous Body Talk EPs while tossing in five new tracks. It all adds up to the best dance-pop album of 2010, 15 songs that are both immaculately catchy and packed with quirks: On "Fembot," she does a hilarious sexy-robot bit, bragging about her "automatic booty applications"; later, she trades over-the-top boasts with Snoop Dogg and turns in the kind of Day-Glo dancehall track M.I.A. used to rock. Even her Eurocheese ballads are passionately weird: On "Time Machine," she folds a Back to the Future reference ("All I want is a DeLorean") into a huge, heartfelt chorus Lady Gaga would kill to have written.
- Body Talk
From The Archives Issue 1118: November 25, 2010
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- Watch Brandon Flowers' Creepy, Retro 'Lonely Town' Video
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- Neil Young and Stephen Stills Light Up the Stage at L.A. Autism Benefit
- DaveWatch: Countdown to Letterman's Last 'Late Show,' Day 19