Great underground rock compilations – the D.C. hardcore classic Flex Your Head or the Eighties Homestead Records sampler The Wailing Ultimate – feel vibrantly alive. The 23 bands on this excellent anthology, a benefit for homeless advocates Rachel's Women's Center in Washington, D.C., Instagrams a vibrant, international basement punk scene. There's savage hardcore (total rippers from In School, Frau and the stellar Hysterics), maximum fist-pump (Roomrunner, Hive Bent's gripping "Tom Girl," Split Feet's hooky blur "Cat Mug on Secretaries Day") and careening noise rock (Fake Limb's chaotic live cover of Funkadelic's "Alice in My Fantasies," Clean Girls' bracing "First Day Out"). Play it $#%ing loud and hear your heart race.
- Beyond Inversion
- Various Artists
- Accidental Guest
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 TV Spin-Off Story Lines That Ruined The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- 25 Best Modern Exploitation Movies
- NBA Free Agency: How the Spurs Swung LaMarcus Aldridge
- The Grateful Dead Say Farewell: The View From the Bowl