With the deaths of Big Star's Alex Chilton and Andy Hummel, it's been a bad year for fans of Seventies power pop. Some small good news: this taut 10-song debut. Leader Josh Lattanzi has played with Fountains of Wayne's Adam Schlesinger and toured with the Lemonheads' Evan Dando, and he can be fairly judged by the company he keeps. Tunefulness is the order of the day, and while the line between "classic" and "cliché" occasionally feels thin — "Man, I hate this town/Livin' here has got me down," he declares on the title track — the melodies, harmonies and hooks are so assured, it's easier to sing along than to quibble.
Between the Sounds
- Between the Sounds
- The Candles
- The End
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- 'True Detective' Recap: Burning Down the House
- Jimmy Carter: U.S. Is an 'Oligarchy With Unlimited Political Bribery'
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Eminem Reveals How Drug Use Led to Weight Gain, Recovery
- Foo Fighters Promise to Visit Italian Town After Viral Video
- Dr. Dre Details Long-Awaited 'Compton: A Soundtrack'
- Ronda Rousey: The World's Most Dangerous Woman