Bad Brains were a beautiful mess of a band, a crew of black D.C.-area hardcore fanatics with Rastafarian leanings and an astounding gift for taut, aggressive, snarling blasts of punk. Banned in D.C. spans their Eighties work: Early tracks such as "Pay to Cum," "I" and "Banned in D.C." display a band in unrestrained fury — quick, sinister guitar lines, unhinged drumming, lyrics just this side of comprehensible. Even when the group veered toward metal, on later songs such as "Re-Ignition," it never gave in to indulgence, never once aimed to be pretty.
Banned In DC: Bad Brains Greatest Riffs
- Banned In DC: Bad Brains Greatest Riffs
- Bad Brains
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Miley Cyrus on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Miley Cyrus Brings Flaming Lips, 'Dead Petz' to 'SNL'
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- Don Henley on 'Sloppy' Songwriting, National Values and Cultural Decay
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Maynard James Keenan on New Book, Tool LP: 'Do I Seem Like a Lazy Person?'
- Robin Williams' Children, Widow Settle Bitter Estate Feud