Last time we heard from this jumpy glam outfit, on 2001's The Hogyssey, it seemed weird Spacehog were even still around; by then, singer Royston Langdon was mostly famous for dating Liv Tyler. Turns out the Hog picked a great decade-plus to take off; their loopy, Bowie-meets-Queen fist pump ( "Gluttony"), chill ballads ("Cool Water") and really long opening songs (seven minutes of trippy "Deceit") sound both kinda classic and really rockin' next to the Lumineers at one end and Animal Collective on the other. And they know it's been awhile: "Oh, Dinosaur" croons about missing agents and kids who ignore their dad. Someone find Major Tom the remote.
As It Is on Earth
- As It Is on Earth
From The Archives Issue 1183: May 23, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SpinThe 300 Best Albums Of The Past 30 Years
Mental Floss10 Hidden Images on Album Covers
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Scenes
VultureThe 30 Most Important Sex Scenes In Movie History
Guitar WorldThe 25 Greatest Acoustic Songs In Hard Rock
Vibe#DumpTrump: 20 Celebrities Who Have Spoken Out Against Donald Trump
- How Beatles' Game-Changing 'Paperback Writer' Paved Way for 'Revolver'
- The Curse of the Ramones
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Questlove Pens List Explaining Why Prince Was 'Hip-Hop Pioneer'
- Barely Legal: 30 Nearly Pornographic Mainstream Films
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Watch Bruce Springsteen, Bono Perform 'Because the Night' in Dublin
- 40 Best Science Fiction TV Shows of All Time