Last time we heard from this jumpy glam outfit, on 2001's The Hogyssey, it seemed weird Spacehog were even still around; by then, singer Royston Langdon was mostly famous for dating Liv Tyler. Turns out the Hog picked a great decade-plus to take off; their loopy, Bowie-meets-Queen fist pump ( "Gluttony"), chill ballads ("Cool Water") and really long opening songs (seven minutes of trippy "Deceit") sound both kinda classic and really rockin' next to the Lumineers at one end and Animal Collective on the other. And they know it's been awhile: "Oh, Dinosaur" croons about missing agents and kids who ignore their dad. Someone find Major Tom the remote.
As It Is on Earth
- As It Is on Earth
From The Archives Issue 1183: May 23, 2013
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldTop 10 Greatest Rock and Roll Song Endings of All Time
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Queen's Tragic Rhapsody
- The Inside Story of David Bowie's Stunning New Album, 'Blackstar'
- Watch Justin Bieber Sing in the Rain During 2015 AMAs Finale
- UFC's Conor McGregor: 'Donald Trump Can Shut His Big Mouth'
- 10 Things We Learned From Carly Simon's Revealing New Memoir
- Watch Jennifer Lopez's Dance to Nicki Minaj, the Weeknd in 2015 AMAs Opener