"I was 22, alone with nothing to do," sings Adam Young on "I Live Alone." That's roughly the story of Sky Sailing, which preceded his other one-man band, the multiplatinum Owl City. The latter resembled the Postal Service, and this set, mostly completed in 2007, recalls Ben Gibbard's other band, Death Cab for Cutie. Young's songwriting is often lean, and with acoustic textures replacing Owl City's synth beats, his dreamy introspection takes center stage. On "Sailboats," he even pledges his achy love to Audrey Hepburn. Evidently, the kid always dreamed big.
An Airplane Carried Me to Bed
- An Airplane Carried Me to Bed
- Sky Sailing
- Universal Republic
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Performance With U2
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Meek Mill's Drake Diss 'Is Trash': Sports World Reacts to 'Wanna Know'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time