Sting was in Tuscany when he gave this concert in a courtyard there, beginning at nine in the evening, Italian time, September 11th. The show was scheduled as a two-hour Webcast; however, Sting chose to transmit only one song — his hymnlike classic "Fragile" — after he and his multinational crew learned of the events in New York, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania. The rest of this vividly played, authoritatively sung show was committed to tape, and it pulses inescapably with the aura of its real-time date. The music thrives from "Fragile" on, through a sly, funky "Hounds of Winter" and a "When We Dance" that delivers soulful freedom within a classical structure. This is music filled with mood and memory, refined yet raw with emotion.
All This Time
- All This Time
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- Neil Young and Stephen Stills Light Up the Stage at L.A. Autism Benefit
- DaveWatch: Countdown to Letterman's Last 'Late Show,' Day 19
- Watch Brandon Flowers' Creepy, Retro 'Lonely Town' Video
- 'Mad Men' Recap: End Times