Sting was in Tuscany when he gave this concert in a courtyard there, beginning at nine in the evening, Italian time, September 11th. The show was scheduled as a two-hour Webcast; however, Sting chose to transmit only one song — his hymnlike classic "Fragile" — after he and his multinational crew learned of the events in New York, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania. The rest of this vividly played, authoritatively sung show was committed to tape, and it pulses inescapably with the aura of its real-time date. The music thrives from "Fragile" on, through a sly, funky "Hounds of Winter" and a "When We Dance" that delivers soulful freedom within a classical structure. This is music filled with mood and memory, refined yet raw with emotion.
All This Time
- All This Time
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy
- Slay Anything: Is Beyonce Beyond Criticism?
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar
- Watch Blue Jean Committee Help Hall & Oates Announce Summer Tour