This excellent solo record by My Morning Jacket guitarist Carl Broemel is a rare thing: a woodsy little indie-folk record that refuses to brood. On All Birds Say, Broemel spreads cheer with every pluck of his acoustic guitar, singing short, endearingly sweet songs about love, nature, drinking wine and other worthy topics. Broemel writes hooks that sneak up on you through simple singsong melodies. His lyrics sound like hippie beatitudes: "Everybody's on the way/Whether or not they know it. . . . /There is space in the garden." Even his come-ons are beatific. "Let's go home and be friends," he chirps in "Heaven Knows." And then he bursts into a whistling solo.
All Birds Say
- All Birds Say
- Carl Broemel
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- 50 Greatest Hair Metal Albums of All Time
- The Billion View Club: YouTube's 10 Most Watched Videos
- 5 Reasons Why Neil Young's Current Tour Is One of His Best in Decades
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- Miley Cyrus, Flaming Lips Plan Naked Concert for Music Video
- Inside Motley Crue's Live Excess: From Roller Coaster Drums to Fire-Spitting Bass