On 2007's White Chalk, Polly Harvey made some of the quietest and most riveting music of her career. That record's coiled menace returns on this second set with longtime collaborator John Parish. Her latest also finds her at her most gleefully deranged. Parish provides music, while Harvey recites, sings and mangles the lyrics. "Pig Will Not," a howling Captain Beefheart—style blues, features her barking (more English terrier than pit bull). But she's most animalistic on the title track, cornering a "woman/man" with "chicken—liver balls" and echoing the strap—on threat from her classic "50Ft Queenie." She's still not a girl to take home to Mama.
A Woman a Man Walked By
- A Woman a Man Walked By
- P.J. Harvey
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- The Rock on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- The Children of ISIS
- Prince Sued Over Judith Hill's Debut Album Download
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- 'Clear' and Present Danger: Alex Gibney on His Bold Scientology Doc
- Watch George Ezra Bring the Folk to 'SNL'
- Hear Brad Paisley 'Crush It' on Eric Clapton's 'Layla'