When Hold Steady shows are great — like the 2007 Halloween gig documented on A Positive Rage — they're so boozy, sweaty, shout-along, ironic—devil—horn—throwing joyous, they sum up everything life-affirming about rock & roll. Long on songs from their tragicomic masterpiece, Boys and Girls in America, this set soars on slurred riffs and spirit. But while the sound quality is high-grade bootleg, essential elements like spilled beer and stage-storming are inaudible. The DVD documentary of their 2006 tour has all that, following the Hold Steady as they graduate from bars to bigness. It'll make you want to miss curfew.
A Positive Rage
- A Positive Rage
- The Hold Steady
- Vagrant Records
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Watch Kendrick Lamar Celebrate Compton in 'King Kunta' Video
- Watch Jimmy Fallon and Ethan Hawke Perform Bob Dylan Lullabies
- How Courtney Barnett's Thoughts Became 2015's Sharpest Debut
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Kendrick Lamar Recorded With Prince for 'To Pimp a Butterfly'