Mike Posner is at the head of a new genre: frat-house R&B. Posner, 22, released two mixtapes while he was a Sigma Nu brother at Duke, and on his major-label debut, he's still at the kegger, beer goggles fogged up with resentments and grudges. In the smash single "Cooler Than Me," he whines about a girl who won't give him the time of day. In "Cheated," he sings, "Nobody told me I was dating a whore." Posner's raspy croon is thin but insinuating; the production is serviceably swank, full of big, club-friendly synth hooks. But does anyone, frat boys included, really want to spend time with this guy?
31 Minutes to Takeoff
- 31 Minutes to Takeoff
- Mike Posner
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema BlendThe 10 Highest-Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Axl Rose Is Mad About Mayweather/Pacquiao, Demands 'Free-Match'
- Madonna Video Director to Helm Norwegian Black-Metal Movie
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO
- The Hulk: The Last Angry Man
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- Frances Bean Cobain on Life After Kurt's Death: An Exclusive Q&A
- Hear Jason Isbell's Nineties-Influenced New Single '24 Frames'