Mike Posner is at the head of a new genre: frat-house R&B. Posner, 22, released two mixtapes while he was a Sigma Nu brother at Duke, and on his major-label debut, he's still at the kegger, beer goggles fogged up with resentments and grudges. In the smash single "Cooler Than Me," he whines about a girl who won't give him the time of day. In "Cheated," he sings, "Nobody told me I was dating a whore." Posner's raspy croon is thin but insinuating; the production is serviceably swank, full of big, club-friendly synth hooks. But does anyone, frat boys included, really want to spend time with this guy?
31 Minutes to Takeoff
- 31 Minutes to Takeoff
- Mike Posner
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- Scott Weiland's Guitarist Jeremy Brown Dead at 34
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Avril Lavigne Was 'Bedridden' Following Battle With Lyme Disease
- Watch the Intense, Violent New 'Straight Outta Compton' Trailer
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue