Into the soundtrack for the chill-out generation, blending gospel vocals and blues hollers with down-tempo rhythms and glacial keyboard textures. But 18 B Sides + DVD finds the grandmaster of bedroom-recording melancholy turning his inspired approach into a formula. None of these tracks break any new ground. The pretty slow-glides blend almost too seamlessly, which is the point, but is it too much to ask for even one up-tempo groove to shake up the seventy-minute trance? After the artistic triumphs of Play (1999) and 18 (2002), B Sides sounds exactly as advertised: a collection of leftovers — augmented by a DVD loaded with even more outtakes and live footage from this year's Glastonbury Festival in the U.K. — that's strictly for Moby diehards.
18 B Sides
- 18 B Sides
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- 'Daily Show' Defends Beyonce's Super Bowl Performance, Slams Haters
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy
- Alice Cooper Talks Guns N' Roses Reunion: 'Where's Izzy?'
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Watch Seal, Ewan McGregor, Gary Oldman Lead David Bowie Tribute
- Bill O'Reilly: Why Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders 'Are the Same Guy'