Inconsistently brilliant, Graham Parker has soared (Howlin' Wind, Squeezing Out Sparks) and slumped (The Real Macaw) ever since starting out as a bardic pub rocker in 1976. His best work in years, 12 is also his subtlest. On "Pollinate," the writer famed for trenchant sarcasm sings "People think I'm filled with hate/They got it wrong, that's out of date," and this new gentleness — both in love-song thematics and folksy grooves — suits the tough guy well. "First Day of Spring" is flat-out lovely; "Haunted Episodes" exudes jazzy, muted elegance. Autumnal in mood, gracious and honest, this is music of a clean, unsentimental maturity.
12 Haunted Episodes
- 12 Haunted Episodes
- Graham Parker
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- 40 Best Things We Saw at Lollapalooza 2015
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Hulk Hogan Fired by WWE Over 'Racial Tirade'
- Robbie Maddison on Cheating Death to Make His 'Pipe Dream' a Reality
- Best of Enemies: Jon Stewart's 10 Favorite 'Daily Show' Targets
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Appearance at In-Law's Rock Show
- Watch Ronda Rousey Knock Out Bethe Correia – In Claymation Form