It's the most wonderful time of the year, and Peter Travers has no coal – just three holiday season must-sees on this week's At The Movies. First up is Kathryn Bigelow's spectacular Zero Dark Thirty, which stars Jessica Chastain as a CIA desk warrior leading the manhunt for Osama Bin Laden. Next is Tom Hopper's film adaptation of the musical Les Miserables – starring Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Russel Crowe – which nixes clunky vocal overdubbing for live singing. Travers promises, "even if you hate musicals, this is the musical for you" (and also predicts Oscar glory for Hathaway). And last, but certainly not least, is the most "insane good movie of the holiday season": Quentin Tarantino's Civil War-era western, Django Unchained, which finds a freed slave seeking vengeance on every slave holder in the South. "In Lincoln, [President] Lincoln pushes the thirteenth amendment through congress in order to abolish slavery," Travers explains. "Quentin does it by turning Jamie Foxx into John Shaft and taking everybody down! This is Tarantino history."
'Zero Dark Thirty,' 'Les Miserables' and 'Django Unchained' Are Must-See Holiday Movies
Travers recommends three 'spectacular' new films
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Sorry, Not Sorry: Watch 29 Celebs Perform Justin Bieber Hit
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- Flashback: Lady Gaga's First Grammy Performance