In last night's episode of The Simpsons, Springfield is taken over by, well, those more hip than Bart's family. Homer befriends a couple from Portland, played by Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein channeling their Portlandia show, and soon, Springfield becomes home to artists looking for affordable rents. The city gets a hipster makeover, including some new music teachers at Springfield Elementary: the Decemberists. Frontman Colin Meloy asks the kids if they want to "learn a song about press gangs and infanticide." Sounds like a reasonable elementary education.
The Decemberists Appear on 'The Simpsons'
Portland group becomes elementary school music teachers
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
Mic13 Albums That Prove 2015 Will Be a Way Better Year for Music
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and Other '1989' Phrases
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Watch Kanye West Serenade Daughter in Heartwarming 'Only One' Video
- Lil Wayne Sues Cash Money for $51 Million
- Black Sabbath's Geezer Butler Arrested for Assault, Vandalism
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Is Aphex Twin Dropping Hours of Unreleased Music on SoundCloud?
- Strippers, Rappers and VR Porn: Welcome to Internext