In last night's episode of The Simpsons, Springfield is taken over by, well, those more hip than Bart's family. Homer befriends a couple from Portland, played by Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein channeling their Portlandia show, and soon, Springfield becomes home to artists looking for affordable rents. The city gets a hipster makeover, including some new music teachers at Springfield Elementary: the Decemberists. Frontman Colin Meloy asks the kids if they want to "learn a song about press gangs and infanticide." Sounds like a reasonable elementary education.
The Decemberists Appear on 'The Simpsons'
Portland group becomes elementary school music teachers
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Mental Floss10 People Banned from SNL
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Cracked27 Surprising Real Stories Behind Famous Songs
- Watch John Oliver Defend Transgender Rights on 'Last Week Tonight'
- Watch Puff Daddy Throw Bad Boy Reunion at BET Awards
- Watch U2 Play 'Gloria' for First Time In 10 Years at Chicago Show
- What's Killing the Babies of Vernal, Utah?
- Chris Squire, Yes Bassist and Co-Founder, Dead at 67
- Hating Seth MacFarlane: A Timeline
- Glen Campbell's Daughter Ashley Details Dad's Declining Health
- Jon Anderson, Rick Wakeman Remember Yes' Chris Squire