In last night's episode of The Simpsons, Springfield is taken over by, well, those more hip than Bart's family. Homer befriends a couple from Portland, played by Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein channeling their Portlandia show, and soon, Springfield becomes home to artists looking for affordable rents. The city gets a hipster makeover, including some new music teachers at Springfield Elementary: the Decemberists. Frontman Colin Meloy asks the kids if they want to "learn a song about press gangs and infanticide." Sounds like a reasonable elementary education.
The Decemberists Appear on 'The Simpsons'
Portland group becomes elementary school music teachers
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast‘American Sniper’ Could Actually Win the Oscar for Best Picture
Bleacher ReportHow 'Pawn Stars' Landed a $100K Patriots Super Bowl Ring
Bleacher ReportSuper Bowl 2015 Doppelgangers
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastHow the 'Star Wars' Empire Was Built
- 'American Sniper' Is Almost Too Dumb to Criticize
- Hear Kanye West, Drake and Big Sean Team Up for 'Blessings'
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Bjork Likens Making Emotional 'Vulnicura' to 'Open-Heart Surgery'
- Eddie Murphy Returning to 'SNL' After 31-Year Absence
- Suge Knight Arrested for Murder After Hit-and-Run
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Rolling Stone Teams With Google Play to Open Archives in Unprecedented Way