It's the late-August doldrums and with nothing in theaters whetting Peter Travers' appetite, our fearless movie critic recounts the best flicks of Summer 2012. But of course, he also wants to hear from you: Travers breaks down down his the biggest blockbusters (The Dark Knight Rises vs. The Avengers), comedies (Ted vs. The Dictator), animated flicks (Brave vs. ParaNorman), and "the best movie with a substitute star," i.e. Andrew Garfield for Tobey Maguire in The Amazing Spider-Man or Jeremy Renner for Matt Damon in The Bourne Legacy? Plus, there's one more crucial category: With Twilight stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson both receiving good reviews in their summer movies (Snow White and the Huntsman and Cosmopolis, respectively), Travers wants to know which was the best, did they prove they can really act? "This one I'm gonna leave to you," says Travers. "I wanna hear completely: KStew or RPatz?"
The Best Movies of Summer 2012
'The Dark Knight Rises,' 'The Avengers,' 'Ted' and more of the season's winners
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On March 1
Bleacher ReportTaishan Dong: The Chinese 7-Footer Ready to Dominate the Boxing World
Cinema Blend12 Sequels That Will Never Happen
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
Bleacher ReportThe Strangest Sports Trades of All Time
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Beyonce Fans Attack Kid Rock Online After Derogatory Comments
- See Keith Urban's Unexpected Take on 'Somebody Like You' at Intimate Nashville Show
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- Hear AWOLNATION's Rapturous New Song 'Windows'
- Verizon Responds to Net Neutrality Vote With Morse Code Statement