Peter Travers directs a big ol' "Damn you!" at Hollywood and Valentine's Day, because now February 14th marks the inevitable release of another film adaptation from the Nicholas Sparks canon. This year's offender is Safe Haven, which Travers calls "a torture to sit through." The movie stars Julianne Hough as a woman on the run from a psychopath. She ends up in a small town in North Carolina, where she meets and falls in love with a widower and father of two children played by Josh Duhamel. Travers runs down a list of the film's most egregious crimes, including Hough's endlessly perky performance, the fake suspense and disgusting dialog – there are even scenes with characters who aren't really there, à la The Sixth Sense. "This is so Hollywood-fake that you can't believe it!" decries Travers.
'Safe Haven' Is Hollywood's Latest Valentine's Day Massacre
Peter Travers says film is 'so Hollywood-fake you can't believe it'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Diffuser15 Disturbing Songs People Love
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
SpinThe 101 Best Kanye West-Produced Songs That Don’t Feature Kanye
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- 'Silence of the Lambs' at 25: The Complete Buffalo Bill Story
- 35 WTF Moments From the Craziest GOP Debate Yet
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- 21 Strangest Best New Artist Grammy Wins
- British Indie Band Viola Beach Killed in Car Accident
- Republican Hopefuls Utterly Implode in Most Entertaining Debate Yet
- 10 Things That Piss Off Tom Petty