Peter Travers directs a big ol' "Damn you!" at Hollywood and Valentine's Day, because now February 14th marks the inevitable release of another film adaptation from the Nicholas Sparks canon. This year's offender is Safe Haven, which Travers calls "a torture to sit through." The movie stars Julianne Hough as a woman on the run from a psychopath. She ends up in a small town in North Carolina, where she meets and falls in love with a widower and father of two children played by Josh Duhamel. Travers runs down a list of the film's most egregious crimes, including Hough's endlessly perky performance, the fake suspense and disgusting dialog – there are even scenes with characters who aren't really there, à la The Sixth Sense. "This is so Hollywood-fake that you can't believe it!" decries Travers.
'Safe Haven' Is Hollywood's Latest Valentine's Day Massacre
Peter Travers says film is 'so Hollywood-fake you can't believe it'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked24 Horrifying Stories Behind the Scenes of Huge Movies
Cinema BlendThe 20 Best Movies on YouTube
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cracked6 Celebs You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies of the Year
SalonThe Top 10 Oral Sex Movie Scenes
- Madonna Plots Rebel Heart Tour for North America, Europe
- Scott Walker, God's Gift to the Democratic Party
- Kanye West Reveals New Album Title 'So Help Me God'
- Is Kentucky Killing College Basketball?
- Dakota Johnson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Noel Gallagher on Loving 'Seinfeld,' Hating Most Everything Else
- The Killer Inside Kid Rock
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Call Out Anti-Vaxxers in Scathing Monologue