Peter Travers directs a big ol' "Damn you!" at Hollywood and Valentine's Day, because now February 14th marks the inevitable release of another film adaptation from the Nicholas Sparks canon. This year's offender is Safe Haven, which Travers calls "a torture to sit through." The movie stars Julianne Hough as a woman on the run from a psychopath. She ends up in a small town in North Carolina, where she meets and falls in love with a widower and father of two children played by Josh Duhamel. Travers runs down a list of the film's most egregious crimes, including Hough's endlessly perky performance, the fake suspense and disgusting dialog – there are even scenes with characters who aren't really there, à la The Sixth Sense. "This is so Hollywood-fake that you can't believe it!" decries Travers.
'Safe Haven' Is Hollywood's Latest Valentine's Day Massacre
Peter Travers says film is 'so Hollywood-fake you can't believe it'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Rolling Stones Announce Summer Tour, 'Sticky Fingers' Reissue
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Joni Mitchell Hospitalized in Los Angeles
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- 'WWE Raw': Brock Lesnar vs. the World
- Don't #Beliebe the Hype: Inside Justin Bieber's Roast