Peter Travers has been burned by previous Planet of the Apes sequels and remakes, so he was surprised to discover that Rise of the Planet Apes isn't half bad. It isn't half good, either, with stiff performances by James Franco and Slumdog Millionaire's Freida Pinto, but it's worth seeing if just for Andy Serkis' Oscar-worthy performance as Caesar, the lead ape. Serkis, who portrayed Gollum in the Lord of the Rings movies, brings an astounding soulfulness to his digitally-animated character.
'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Is Better Than Expected
Andy Serkis turns in Oscar-worthy performance as lead ape
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
MTV News19 Songs You Didn’t Know Ed Sheeran Wrote
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind The Scenes
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Diffuser21 Best Alt Rock Albums
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story
- Met Gala 2016: Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj and More
- What Should We Make of the Hillary Clinton Indictment Speculation?
- How Six Classic Rock Legends United for One Mega Festival
- What Jon Snow's Return Means for 'Game of Thrones'
- Watch Pearl Jam Perform With Sting, Cheap Trick in New York
- Questlove Recalls How Jimmy Fallon Won Over the Roots
- Stones, McCartney, Dylan, the Who, Waters, Young Confirm Mega-Fest