Already-controversial The Golden Compass cost $150 million to make, but it's not the new Lord of the Rings according to Rolling Stone's movie critic Peter Travers ("It blows," he says). In the hilarious, sassy Juno, written by our Hot List screenwriter Diablo Cody, Ellen Page plays a pregnant teen who decides to give the baby up for adoption. Travers also recommends Atonement, a British WWII-era romance in which Keira Knightley falls in love with a poor boy, noting it's energetic and surprising — one of the year's best.
Peter Travers Video Review: "The Golden Compass," "Atonement" and "Juno"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
SalonHere Is the Average Penis Length According to Science
Clickhole5 Absolutely Legendary Celebrity Party Stories
Cinema BlendThe Top 10 Steamiest Movie Sex Scenes of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
- Go Ahead and Call Bill O'Reilly What He Is: A Pathological Liar
- Eminem, Dr. Dre and 50 Cent Reveal Shady History in New Doc
- Grateful Dead Members, More Booked for Jerry Garcia Tribute Show
- Flashback: Pearl Jam Play Intense 'Black' on 'MTV Unplugged'
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- McDonald's Responds to Indie-Pop Duo's Viral Complaint
- Madonna on Making 'Rebel Heart,' the Age of Distraction and Joan of Arc
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour