Already-controversial The Golden Compass cost $150 million to make, but it's not the new Lord of the Rings according to Rolling Stone's movie critic Peter Travers ("It blows," he says). In the hilarious, sassy Juno, written by our Hot List screenwriter Diablo Cody, Ellen Page plays a pregnant teen who decides to give the baby up for adoption. Travers also recommends Atonement, a British WWII-era romance in which Keira Knightley falls in love with a poor boy, noting it's energetic and surprising — one of the year's best.
Peter Travers Video Review: "The Golden Compass," "Atonement" and "Juno"
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- Watch Samantha Bee Tear Down Kansas Senator on 'Full Frontal' Premiere
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- 10 Things We Learned From L.A. Reid's Juicy Tell-All