What's a holiday movie? Something about Santa or getting wasted on New Year's Eve? Nah. My loose interpretation is that behind every choice holiday movie is a voice singing, "Forget your troubles. Come on, get happy!" These babies are designed to lift sprits, not bring them down. Oscar intentions are allowed (True Grit, The Fighter), but they better come wrapped in a pretty package. Take Javier Bardem in Biutiful: He's amazing as a dirt-poor father with a terminal illness and a deathly fear of abandoning his kids to their junkie mother. But is that the popcorn escapism you're looking for after a big holiday dinner? Hardly. Here are 10 entertainments built to fill the holiday bill.
Holiday Movie Guide: Top Ten Popcorn Flicks
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- WTF Happened in the New Hampshire Primary, Explained
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- What Would Actually Happen If We Broke Up the Banks?
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- Watch Samantha Bee Tear Down Kansas Senator on 'Full Frontal' Premiere