Picking the top 10 DVD/Blu-ray movies of 2010 is a lot different than picking the top 10 movies of the year. I'm not saying artistic quality doesn't matter on DVD. What I am saying is that the quality of the DVD image and digital sound counts just as much as the quality of the film. I'm looking for the WOW factor — DVD movies that rock the house, whether you're watching them on a high-end home theater system or on your computer screen. And it's not all showboating. A great DVD transfer can capture the play of light and shadow in a movie of hushed intimacy. So, here they are: the 10 best DVDs of the year, with references to key scenes that demonstrate what DVD picture and sound can really deliver.
Peter Travers' Best (and Worst) DVD and Blu-ray Movies of 2010
Discs that rock the house, whether you're watching them on a home theater system or a laptop screen
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Cinema Blend10 Big Things We Learned On The Set Of Amy Schumer's Trainwreck
Salon8 Game of Thrones Stars You Didn’t Know Had Music Careers
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
- Mayweather Defeats Pacquiao, KOs Pay-Per-View Providers
- Scarlett Johansson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Roger Waters Slams Silicon Valley's 'Rogues and Thieves'
- Give 'Em Hell, Bernie
- Wiz Khalifa Brings Misty 'See You Again' to 'SNL'
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: Love the Fight, Not the Fighters
- Watch Trey Anastasio and Phil Lesh Play 'Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad'
- Grooveshark Shuts Down After Eight Years