Picking the top 10 DVD/Blu-ray movies of 2010 is a lot different than picking the top 10 movies of the year. I'm not saying artistic quality doesn't matter on DVD. What I am saying is that the quality of the DVD image and digital sound counts just as much as the quality of the film. I'm looking for the WOW factor — DVD movies that rock the house, whether you're watching them on a high-end home theater system or on your computer screen. And it's not all showboating. A great DVD transfer can capture the play of light and shadow in a movie of hushed intimacy. So, here they are: the 10 best DVDs of the year, with references to key scenes that demonstrate what DVD picture and sound can really deliver.
Peter Travers' Best (and Worst) DVD and Blu-ray Movies of 2010
Discs that rock the house, whether you're watching them on a home theater system or a laptop screen
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Celebrities You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Salon5 Secrets to Great Sex
Cinema BlendThe 10 Greatest Wrestlers Turned Actors
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked6 Famous Movies Made By The Last Person You'd Expect
Mental FlossThe Strange Deaths of 20 Interesting People
- Grateful Dead Archivist Details Massive, New 80-Disc Box Set
- Slipknot Tease 'Dangerous' Summer Tour: 'It's Scary'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Dawn of the Dead
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Hear Eminem's Hard-Hitting 'Southpaw' Song 'Phenomenal'
- Noel Gallagher Talks One Direction, Oasis Brawls on 'James Corden'
- Ronda Rousey: The World's Most Dangerous Woman