No Strings Attached, a romantic comedy starring Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher, is January's latest dud. Peter Travers says that while there is nothing wrong with Portman or Kutcher's performances, the movie is "a piece of generic plastic." He's weary of the "friends-with-benefits fall in love" plot, which is nearly identical to the Anne Hathaway/Jake Gyllenhaal vehicle Love and Other Drugs and the upcoming Friends With Benefits, starring Justin Timberlake. Travers isn't too worried about Portman's chances of scoring an Oscar nomination for Black Swan being damaged by starring in this terrible movie, but nonetheless urges audiences to avoid catching it in a theater.
'No Strings Attached,' January's Latest Dud
Peter Travers says that while there is nothing wrong with Portman or Kutcher's performances, the movie is "a piece of generic plastic."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Green Day Return to the Stage With Raucous, Career-Spanning Cleveland Gig
- Dave Grohl on First Foo Fighters Show: 'I Was F--king Mortified'
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Frances Bean Cobain on Life After Kurt's Death: An Exclusive Q&A