No Strings Attached, a romantic comedy starring Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher, is January's latest dud. Peter Travers says that while there is nothing wrong with Portman or Kutcher's performances, the movie is "a piece of generic plastic." He's weary of the "friends-with-benefits fall in love" plot, which is nearly identical to the Anne Hathaway/Jake Gyllenhaal vehicle Love and Other Drugs and the upcoming Friends With Benefits, starring Justin Timberlake. Travers isn't too worried about Portman's chances of scoring an Oscar nomination for Black Swan being damaged by starring in this terrible movie, but nonetheless urges audiences to avoid catching it in a theater.
'No Strings Attached,' January's Latest Dud
Peter Travers says that while there is nothing wrong with Portman or Kutcher's performances, the movie is "a piece of generic plastic."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
AskMenThe Top 5 Cringiest Movie Sex Scenes
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
DiffuserThe 23 Best Live Album Titles Ever
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
- Donald Trump Is 'Master Brander,' Says Bill Clinton on 'Colbert'
- Meet the Right-Wing Rebels Who Overthrew John Boehner
- John Fogerty Explains Creedence Clearwater Revival's Hall of Fame Meltdown
- Nicki Minaj Talks Miley Cyrus VMA Slam, Drake/Meek Mill Beef
- Watch Phish Guitarist Trey Anastasio's Hypnotic New Animated Video
- See 'Jackass' Gang Relive 15 Years of Wild Pranks, Scary Injuries
- 'The Walking Dead': What to Know for Season 6
- Inside 'Montage of Heck' Album's Trove of Unreleased Kurt Cobain