No Strings Attached, a romantic comedy starring Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher, is January's latest dud. Peter Travers says that while there is nothing wrong with Portman or Kutcher's performances, the movie is "a piece of generic plastic." He's weary of the "friends-with-benefits fall in love" plot, which is nearly identical to the Anne Hathaway/Jake Gyllenhaal vehicle Love and Other Drugs and the upcoming Friends With Benefits, starring Justin Timberlake. Travers isn't too worried about Portman's chances of scoring an Oscar nomination for Black Swan being damaged by starring in this terrible movie, but nonetheless urges audiences to avoid catching it in a theater.
'No Strings Attached,' January's Latest Dud
Peter Travers says that while there is nothing wrong with Portman or Kutcher's performances, the movie is "a piece of generic plastic."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
- Drake Roasts Meek Mill, Brings Out Kanye, Pharrell at OVO Festival Set
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Jon Stewart: Goodbye to the Last Honest Newsman
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Are Divorcing
- 40 Best Things We Saw at Lollapalooza 2015
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Reba McEntire, Narvel Blackstock Allude to Divorce After 26 Years