No Strings Attached, a romantic comedy starring Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher, is January's latest dud. Peter Travers says that while there is nothing wrong with Portman or Kutcher's performances, the movie is "a piece of generic plastic." He's weary of the "friends-with-benefits fall in love" plot, which is nearly identical to the Anne Hathaway/Jake Gyllenhaal vehicle Love and Other Drugs and the upcoming Friends With Benefits, starring Justin Timberlake. Travers isn't too worried about Portman's chances of scoring an Oscar nomination for Black Swan being damaged by starring in this terrible movie, but nonetheless urges audiences to avoid catching it in a theater.
'No Strings Attached,' January's Latest Dud
Peter Travers says that while there is nothing wrong with Portman or Kutcher's performances, the movie is "a piece of generic plastic."
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- Phil Collins Beats The Odds
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- End Game: TV's Best and Worst Series Finales
- Letterman Fan Details Every Frame in Final Show Montage