Turns out there are few things in this world more delightfully ominous than this menacing whisper from Benedict Cumberbatch: "You think your world is safe. It is an illusion. Enjoy these final moments of peace." That's how the new trailer for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek: Into Darkness opens. The clip finds the Sherlock star playing the film's villain, long rumored to be the notorious Khan. Regardless of his name, Cumberbatch's character is a former Star Fleet agent gone rogue and out for vengeance. Based on the dazzling explosions and action-packed sequences – including Kirk and Spock squeezing a speeding spaceship through a tight space – it looks like he's quite good at causing mayhem. And actually there is one thing that's even more delightfully ominous: Benedict Cumberbatch menacingly murmuring, "I will walk over your cold corpses." Star Trek: Into Darkness is due out May 16th.
New 'Star Trek' Trailer Offers Menacing Vision of Future
Benedict Cumberbatch: 'I will walk over your cold corpses'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend15 Gigantic Movies That Are All Coming Out In 2017
Bleacher ReportThe Most Infamous Snubs in Sports
Men's Journal10 Ways to Spice Up Your Sex Life
SalonSecrets of the Female Pickup Artist
Cinema BlendHarrison Ford's 10 Best Characters
Cracked6 Insane Versions Of Great Movies You Didn't Know Existed
- How Legendary Tattoo Artist Jonathan Shaw Became the Next Bukowski
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- Hear Alternate Version of Rolling Stones' 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking'
- Baltimore: State of Emergency Declared Amid Protests, Riots
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- DaveWatch: Countdown to Letterman's Last 'Late Show,' Day 18
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'