Mad Men star Vincent Kartheiser stopped by the Rolling Stone studio recently to chat about the evolution of his character, the high-strung ad man Pete Campbell. "He found his place in the world," says Kartheiser. "He knows where he fits, he knows where he has value at the agency, and it's something you need to figure out as a human being, because you will be in constant conflict if you don't. In seasons one and two, he thought he should be where Don [Draper] was, and in seasons three and four, he kind of figured it out." Kartheiser also explains that he has no interest in directing an episode of the series, as his co-stars Jon Hamm and John Slattery have done: "I'm just an actor. I'm very much kind of a one-trick pony and hardly even understand my own character, much less the entire theme of the show."
'Mad Men' Vincent Kartheiser on Pete Campbell
Actor remarks on the evolution of his character, Pete Campbell
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Watch Kendrick Lamar Celebrate Compton in 'King Kunta' Video
- John Lennon's Ex-Wife Cynthia Dead at 75
- 15 Best Lines From Justin Bieber's Roast
- Scott Weiland's Guitarist Jeremy Brown Dead at 34
- Bloodied Van Halen Play Wild, Reckless Set on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- Watch the Intense, Violent New 'Straight Outta Compton' Trailer