Mad Men star Vincent Kartheiser stopped by the Rolling Stone studio recently to chat about the evolution of his character, the high-strung ad man Pete Campbell. "He found his place in the world," says Kartheiser. "He knows where he fits, he knows where he has value at the agency, and it's something you need to figure out as a human being, because you will be in constant conflict if you don't. In seasons one and two, he thought he should be where Don [Draper] was, and in seasons three and four, he kind of figured it out." Kartheiser also explains that he has no interest in directing an episode of the series, as his co-stars Jon Hamm and John Slattery have done: "I'm just an actor. I'm very much kind of a one-trick pony and hardly even understand my own character, much less the entire theme of the show."
'Mad Men' Vincent Kartheiser on Pete Campbell
Actor remarks on the evolution of his character, Pete Campbell
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- 'Daily Show' Defends Beyonce's Super Bowl Performance, Slams Haters
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Watch Seal, Ewan McGregor, Gary Oldman Lead David Bowie Tribute
- 'WWE Raw': Daniel Bryan Reminds Us Why We Watch
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders