John Oliver didn't beat around the bush last night when he took over The Daily Show. "Let's just acknowledge for a moment that this is weird: This looks weird, it feels weird, it even sounds weird,"Oliver said with a grin as he kicked off his stint filling in temporarily for Jon Stewart. With Stewart out for the next 12 weeks directing his first film, Rosewater, the longtime correspondent packed a bag with British jokes and was ready for an easy, breezy summer with no major news stories – until it came out that the government has been collecting the phone and Internet records of millions of Americans. With some nerves showing, but no massive hiccups, Oliver cruised through a new segment "Good News! You're Not Paranoid" about the wiretapping scandal. Below, you can watch the interim host receiving some hilariously not-so-kind words of discouragement from the other The Daily Show correspondents who seemed just a tad bitter about getting passed over for the hosting gig.
John Oliver Starts 'Daily Show' Stint With Big News
Longtime correspondent cruises through first night as interim host
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Larry David on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody