With a tumbler full of holiday cheer, Stephen Colbert turned to Mavis Staples, Sean Lennon, Jeff Tweedy and the Harlem Gospel Choir to close out "Christmas Carol Week" on The Colbert Report with "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)." Staples took the lead on the John Lennon/Yoko Ono classic while Tweedy and Lennon strummed acoustic guitars and the choir provided rich backing vocals and, on the last chorus, rhythmic handclaps. After chiming in earlier this week with Elvis Costello and Diana Krall, and Michael Stipe and Mandy Patinkin, Colbert gave himself an early present and watched this one unfold from the sidelines.
Jeff Tweedy, Mavis Staples and Sean Lennon Sing 'Happy Xmas' on 'Colbert'
John Lennon/Yoko Ono song closes 'Christmas Carol Week'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Men's Journal10 Things You See in Porn that Don't Happen in Real Life
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
Mental Floss10 Messages Hidden in the Background of Movies and TV Shows
TestTubeThe Best Sex Positions
- America Is Too Dumb for TV News
- Eagles of Death Metal Detail Horrific Paris Attack, Offer Support
- 50 Wildest Guns N' Roses Moments
- Tool’s Adam Jones on 2016 Tour, Album Progress, 'Amazing' New Song
- Watch Adele Perform Smoky '25' Ballad 'Million Years Ago'
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best One Direction Songs
- Watch Adele, Fallon, Roots Sing 'Hello' With Classroom Instruments
- Watch Justin Bieber Sing in the Rain During 2015 AMAs Finale