With a tumbler full of holiday cheer, Stephen Colbert turned to Mavis Staples, Sean Lennon, Jeff Tweedy and the Harlem Gospel Choir to close out "Christmas Carol Week" on The Colbert Report with "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)." Staples took the lead on the John Lennon/Yoko Ono classic while Tweedy and Lennon strummed acoustic guitars and the choir provided rich backing vocals and, on the last chorus, rhythmic handclaps. After chiming in earlier this week with Elvis Costello and Diana Krall, and Michael Stipe and Mandy Patinkin, Colbert gave himself an early present and watched this one unfold from the sidelines.
Jeff Tweedy, Mavis Staples and Sean Lennon Sing 'Happy Xmas' on 'Colbert'
John Lennon/Yoko Ono song closes 'Christmas Carol Week'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Brothers Johnson's Louis Johnson, Michael Jackson Bassist, Dead at 60
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- Phil Collins Beats The Odds
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- End Game: TV's Best and Worst Series Finales