With a tumbler full of holiday cheer, Stephen Colbert turned to Mavis Staples, Sean Lennon, Jeff Tweedy and the Harlem Gospel Choir to close out "Christmas Carol Week" on The Colbert Report with "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)." Staples took the lead on the John Lennon/Yoko Ono classic while Tweedy and Lennon strummed acoustic guitars and the choir provided rich backing vocals and, on the last chorus, rhythmic handclaps. After chiming in earlier this week with Elvis Costello and Diana Krall, and Michael Stipe and Mandy Patinkin, Colbert gave himself an early present and watched this one unfold from the sidelines.
Jeff Tweedy, Mavis Staples and Sean Lennon Sing 'Happy Xmas' on 'Colbert'
John Lennon/Yoko Ono song closes 'Christmas Carol Week'
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss5 Movies That Got Their Filmmakers Arrested
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
- Mayor Bill de Blasio's Crusade
- David Letterman's Top 10 Musical Moments
- Watch Willie Nelson Talk Songwriting Legacy, Indestructible Guitars on 'Daily Show'
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 'Deflategate' Report: Patriots Personnel Probably Tampered With Game Balls
- David Letterman Says Goodbye: Inside Rolling Stone's New Issue
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- Watch Career-Spanning Trailer for Bob Weir Doc 'The Other One'