Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, the final movie in the series, is about to hit theaters this weekend. Since the Potter series is now mainly for the franchise's legion of superfans, Peter Travers decided to sit down for a chat with Rolling Stone's resident Harry Potter fanatic, Assistant Editor Erica Futterman. Though Travers wasn't crazy about the first half of Deathly Hallows last year, he was totally satisfied with this installment, to the point of choking up at certain moments. Though Futterman is sad that the movie series has come to an end, she is certain that Potter will stick around in pop culture for years to come. "The Harry Potter generation is the generation that grew up with him for the past ten years," she says. "It's going to be hard to wipe that out."
• Review: Peter Travers on 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2'
• Rolling Stone's Guide to 'Harry Potter'
• Photos: Rock Stars Who Look Like Wizards
• Photos: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II' Premiere
• Video: Matthew Lewis on the 'Harry Potter' Directors
Picks From Around the Web
blog comments powered by Disqus