Peter Travers is admittedly not a member of the Church of Glee, though he does like the hit Fox show. Even still, he absolutely hated Glee: The 3D Concert Movie, the cinematic version of the cast's summer arena tour. The movie is excruciating mainly because its stars, who all play misfits on the hit show, are off-putting as they strut around the stage like visiting royalty. Even worse, the backstage interviews and footage of fans is overly triumphant, to the point of turning show creator Ryan Murphy into a sort of messianic figure. It's just gross.
'Glee: The 3D Concert Movie' Live show is painfully awful
Concert movie is a waste of time and money
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
The Daily Beast2015's Most Anticipated Movies
MicThe Best Album of the Year — You Won’t Hear at the Grammys
Mic13 Albums That Prove 2015 Will Be a Way Better Year for Music
Men's JournalHow Technology is Affecting Our Relationships
The Daily BeastAre These the Future Oscar Winners?
- Suge Knight Sought by Police in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Watch Kanye West Serenade Daughter in Heartwarming 'Only One' Video
- Justin Bieber Apologizes: 'I'm Not Who I Was Pretending to Be'
- When Cops Break Bad: Inside a Police Force Gone Wild
- Tom Petty on Sam Smith Settlement: 'No Hard Feelings. These Things Happen'
- Flashback: Nirvana Play a Bit of Boston's 'More Than a Feeling'
- Blink-182's Hoppus, Barker Blast 'Ungrateful, Disingenuous' Tom DeLonge
- Taylor Swift Trademarks 'This Sick Beat' and Other '1989' Phrases