Is it possible to see Four Christmases and actually like it? Next week's box-office grosses will tell. Maybe word of mouth will be so bad that audiences will wise up and stay away. No knock on moviegoers for being curious. If you build a comedy — even a lousy one — with sass man Vince Vaughn and Oscar winning cutiepie Reese Witherspoon, they will come. And did they ever! The heavy-handed, holiday farce grossed a whopping $46.7 million for the Thanksgiving weekend, driving the vegan vampires of Twilight to $39 million and second place. The Twi-hards must have traded in multiple viewings for turkey and leftovers since the vamp epic declined a steep 62 percent from its opening week. Girls, get back out there — Twilight needs your help. Stupid movies, from Max Payne to Beverly Hills Chihuahua, have been topping the box-office for months with each studio claiming bragging rights. It's got to stop. No way does being No. 1 translate into being good. So fight back. I need to hear from those of you who shelled out hard cash for Four Christmases. Did you feel satisfied or scammed? Don't mince words.
"Four Christmases" or How to Turn Stupid into Box Office Gold
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Miley Cyrus on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- Miley Cyrus Brings Flaming Lips, 'Dead Petz' to 'SNL'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Maynard James Keenan on New Book, Tool LP: 'Do I Seem Like a Lazy Person?'
- How Radiohead Shocked the World: A 15th-Anniversary Salute to 'Kid A'
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time