Two Eighties remakes arrive in theaters this week, and both are duds. Footloose, a new version of the 1984 hit starring Kevin Bacon, is unsexy and dull, and the stars lack chemistry entirely. The Thing, a prequel to John Carpenter's 1982 movie, starts off well but tedium sets in after 15 minutes and it's all downhill from there. Peter Travers genuinely doesn't get the trend of remaking all of these old movies, so his question for you is this: What Eighties movie would you really want to see remade? Let Travers know in the comments below, on Twitter or via e-mail.
'Footloose' and 'The Thing' Bad Eighties remakes hit theaters
'Footloose' and 'The Thing' both miss their mark
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Larry David on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce's Colorful 'Hymn for the Weekend' Video
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody