Peter Travers is full of faint praise for Captain America: The First Avenger, a super hero movie that isn't at all the disaster he was expecting. Though Chris Evans gives the title character a surprising depth, the film stumbles in its second half, where the plot gets a bit boring and the action is merely "standard issue." Despite its flaws, it's a reasonably good time at the movies, though you should avoid seeing it in 3D, as those effects were added afterward and look terrible.
'Captain America': Great Hero, Standard Issue Action
Latest super hero flick is hobbled by mediocre fight scenes
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema Blend15 Gigantic Movies That Are All Coming Out In 2017
Bleacher ReportThe Most Infamous Snubs In Sports
Men's Journal10 Ways To Spice Up Your Sex Life
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Cinema BlendHarrison Ford's 10 Best Characters
Cracked6 Insane Versions Of Great Movies You Didn't Know Existed
- Chelsea Wolfe Details New Album, Streams Haunting First Single 'Iron Moon'
- First 'Dragon Ball' Anime in 18 Years to Premiere in July
- See Blind Melon's Shannon Hoon Get Naked and Bring Pizza to Guns N' Roses
- Hear Alternate Version of Rolling Stones' 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking'
- Orioles Exec Delivers Powerful Statement on Baltimore Riots
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- How Legendary Tattoo Artist Jonathan Shaw Became the Next Bukowski
- Jesus and Mary Chain Look Back on 30 Years of 'Psychocandy'