With nominations imminent, Oscar fever is about to strike Hollywood, and Peter Travers has a message for the Academy's 6,000 members, reminding them of the movies and performances they'll inevitably forget "because they're jerks." First off is Jack Black for his fantastic turn in Bernie, who Travers believes will meet the same snubbing as most comedic actors who go dramatic (while the reverse is often lauded). Travers also urges voters not to forget the stunning performance of six-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis in Beasts of the Southern Wild. Also sure to be neglected are the digital work of Andy Serkis as Gollum in The Hobbit and Richard Parker, the tiger in Life of Pi ("I'm nominating a digital tiger! You'll never do it, but I just want you to see how stupid you are," exclaims Travers). There's also The Master, which Travers declares deserves a slew of nods, including Best Picture, Writer and Director for Paul Thomas Anderson, plus recognition for the memorable performances from Joaquin Phoenix, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams. Oh, and don't even get him started on the poo-pooing of Rick Ross' contribution to Django Unchained, "100 Black Coffins," for Best Original Song.
A Message to the Academy
Peter Travers predicts some of the big Oscar snubs
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- 'Mad Men' Recap: End Times
- 5 Things We Learned From 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Sins of the Flesh
- Native American Actors Defend Adam Sandler's 'Ridiculous 6'
- Jared Leto Debuts Ghoulish 'Suicide Squad' Version of the Joker
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- 'Super Troopers 2' Officially a Go After Crowdfunding $4.4 Million
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set