With nominations imminent, Oscar fever is about to strike Hollywood, and Peter Travers has a message for the Academy's 6,000 members, reminding them of the movies and performances they'll inevitably forget "because they're jerks." First off is Jack Black for his fantastic turn in Bernie, who Travers believes will meet the same snubbing as most comedic actors who go dramatic (while the reverse is often lauded). Travers also urges voters not to forget the stunning performance of six-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis in Beasts of the Southern Wild. Also sure to be neglected are the digital work of Andy Serkis as Gollum in The Hobbit and Richard Parker, the tiger in Life of Pi ("I'm nominating a digital tiger! You'll never do it, but I just want you to see how stupid you are," exclaims Travers). There's also The Master, which Travers declares deserves a slew of nods, including Best Picture, Writer and Director for Paul Thomas Anderson, plus recognition for the memorable performances from Joaquin Phoenix, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams. Oh, and don't even get him started on the poo-pooing of Rick Ross' contribution to Django Unchained, "100 Black Coffins," for Best Original Song.
A Message to the Academy
Peter Travers predicts some of the big Oscar snubs
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Slipknot's Corey Taylor Talks Combating Racism in Metal
- Eagles Members, Jackson Browne Uniting for Glenn Frey Grammy Tribute
- Watch Johnny Depp Star in Funny or Die's Donald Trump Biopic
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Sorry, Not Sorry: Watch 29 Celebs Perform Justin Bieber Hit
- Flashback: Lady Gaga's First Grammy Performance
- 10 Things We Learned From L.A. Reid's Juicy Tell-All