-
J.J. Abrams 'Just Getting Started' on New 'Stars Wars' Film
March 25, 2013 12:20 PM ET| RJ Cubarrubia
Now that Star Trek: Into Darkness is nearing release, director J.J. Abrams is turning his attention to the Star Wars revival he will begin working on next. Although the sci-fi space franchises tell markedly different stories, Abrams has found some commonalities between them, he tells Empire magazine in a new interview in which the longtime Star Wars fan cautions that he's "just getting started" on Episode VII. "There are infinitely more questions than answers right n... | More »
-
Harrison Ford on a 'Star Wars' Reunion: 'I Think It's Happening'
March 20, 2013 5:41 PM ET| Jon Blistein
Harrison Ford thinks the much-anticipated Star Wars reunion will happen after all, as he explained in a recent interview with Chicago's WGN 9 News. "I think it's almost true. I'm looking forward to it," said the actor who portrayed space cowboy Han Solo in the original trilogy. "It's not in the bag yet, but I think it's happening." Rumors of a cast reunion have been circulating since Disney purchased Lucasfilm and the Star Wars franchise last October. With J.J. A... | More »
-
Original 'Star Wars' Cast Signed on for New Films Before Disney Sale
March 8, 2013 8:40 AM ET| Rolling Stone
Turns out that speculation was moot over whether cast members from the original Star Wars movies would return for a new trilogy: George Lucas says Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill had all essentially agreed to return before Disney bought Lucasfilm last fall. "We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison – or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation," Lucas said in a lengthy BloombergBusinessweek examination of how his $4.05 billion deal with Disney came toge... | More »
-
Carrie Fisher Will Return to 'Star Wars' as Princess Leia
March 6, 2013 12:00 PM ET| Rolling Stone
Carrie Fisher will reprise Princess Leia in the new series of Star Wars movies on the way from Disney, making her the first cast member from the original films to confirm that she has signed on. Asked by Palm Beach Illustrated to describe Princess Leia now, Fisher replied, "Elderly." Carrie Fisher: A Few Words on Princess Leia, Fame and Feminism "She’s in an intergalactic old folks' home," Fisher continued. "I just think she would be just like she was before, onl... | More »
-
Mark Hamill in Talks for New 'Star Wars' Films
February 21, 2013 10:10 AM ET| Rolling Stone
Could it be the return of the Jedi who returned in Return of the Jedi? Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker in the original Star Wars trilogy, has told Entertainment Tonight that George Lucas has inquired whether he'd be interested in appearing in the forthcoming Episode VII. "George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts – they would write us... | More »
-
Report: Harrison Ford Will Reprise Han Solo in New 'Star Wars' Films
February 19, 2013 9:45 AM ET| Rolling Stone
Harrison Ford will return as the original space cowboy, Han Solo, in the new installments of the Star Wars franchise, according to Fox News Latino columnist Umberto "El Mayimbe" Gonzalez. The reporter said he "triple checked" his "legitimate sources," though they didn't seem to know whether Ford would simply make a cameo or if he'd have a larger part in the film. Other cast members from the original Star Wars trilogy, including Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher, have also reportedly si... | More »
-
Video: 'Star Wars' Spin-Off Appeals to Ewan McGregor
February 15, 2013 9:45 AM ET
The Force is strong with Ewan McGregor: The actor who played Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: Episode I - III has expressed interest in a new stand-alone spin-off film about the Jedi master, MTV reports. McGregor, who played a younger Kenobi in the prequel trilogy, called the possible spin-off "a good idea" and even suggested a possible plot line. 'Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back': Rolling Stone's 1980 Cover Story "The only bit that I could get away with doing is aft... | More »
-
Disney Plans 'Star Wars' Stand-Alone Films
February 6, 2013 10:55 AM ET| Rolling Stone
Disney plans to expand the Star Wars universe even further with stand-alone films focusing on characters outside the main saga, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Those spin-off films would be in addition to the next three installments the company is making after acquiring Lucasfilm and the Star Wars franchise in a $4 billion deal last October. 'Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back': Rolling Stone's 1980 Cover Story There are no details yet about what dire... | More »
-
J.J. Abrams Confirmed as 'Star Wars' Director
January 26, 2013 11:05 AM ET| Rolling Stone
J.J. Abrams has been confirmed as the director of the next Star Wars film, taking over the franchise from its creator, George Lucas, Reuters reports. The Walt Disney Company, which bought Lucasfilm Ltd. last October, announced the news on Friday night, after rumors of the move surfaced earlier in the week. Abrams will be working with a script by Michael Arndt, who won an Academy Award for his Little Miss Sunshine screenplay. Former Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy will be the producer. ... | More »
-
J.J. Abrams to Direct New 'Star Wars': Report
January 24, 2013 5:35 PM ET| Rolling Stone
J.J. Abrams will direct the next Star Wars film for Disney, a source with knowledge of the much-anticipated production told the Wrap. Interestingly enough, Abrams told Entertainment Weekly back in November that he wasn't going to direct the new series and would opt instead to focus on his original material. "Star Wars was the first movie that blew my mind in that way; it didn't matter how they did any of it because it was all so overwhelmingly and entirely great," said A... | More »
Photos & Videos
We may use your e-mail address to send you the newsletter and offers that may interest you, on behalf of Rolling Stone and its partners. For more information please read our Privacy Policy.

